Things to do in Brooklyn
Aloft New York Brooklyn offers an ideal location just steps from all the exciting local Brooklyn attractions. Discover nearby Brooklyn Heights, take in a breathtaking performance at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, share in a romantic stroll on the Brooklyn Bridge, or dine with friends at one of the popular restaurants along Smith Street. Reconnect with family with a fun day at the Brooklyn Zoo, or join friends at the new Barclays Center for a concert by your favorite band. Explore some of our favorite things to do in Brooklyn below and begin planning your trip today.
- Barclays Center (0.7 mi.): Catch an exciting NBA game or a performance by your favorite artist at Brooklyn’s hottest new sports and entertainment venue. The Barclays Center is also the new home of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, as well as the Atlantic 10 Conference basketball tournament.
- Fort Greene Park (0.8 mi.): Originally the site of forts built for the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. Take advantage of the park’s playgrounds, tennis courts or basketball court, or simply enjoy a walk through the beautiful grounds.
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade (1.7 mi.): Enjoy sweeping views of the Statue of Liberty, the Manhattan skyline, and the Brooklyn Bridge. Lined with flower beds, trees, benches and playgrounds, the promenade is a favorite destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Brooklyn Bridge Park (1.4 mi.): The Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront stretches 1.3 miles along Brooklyn’s East River and features breathtaking views. Play volleyball on the sand courts, ride Jane's Carousel, attend an exercise class, or grab a drink at the wine bar.
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens (2.4 mi.): The 52-acre Brooklyn Botanical Gardens include a number of specialty "gardens within the Garden," plant collections, and the Steinhardt Conservatory.
- MetroTech Center (0.3 mi.): Take in this one-of-a-kind urban university-industry science and technology park during your next visit to New York. Our hotel is walking distance from this must-see location.
- Brooklyn Academy of Music (0.9 mi.): For more than 150 years, the Brooklyn Academy of Music has featured world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, and film.
- Kings Theatre (3.8 mi.): Catch a show or a concert at this famous and historic theatre, located a short distance from the hotel.
- BAM Harvey Lichtenstein Theater (0.5 mi.): Gather with friends and family at the BAM Harvey Theater for a memorable theater, dance or music performance. First opened in 1904 at the Majestic Theater, this restored theater provides a spectacular setting for a night out in Brooklyn.
- New York Transit Museum (0.7 mi.): Located in the decommissioned Court Street subway station, discover a museum that is uniquely New York. Explore interesting exhibitions featuring historical artifacts from the New York City subway, bus, commuter rail, and bridge systems.
- Brooklyn Historical Society (0.9 mi.): History buffs will love the Brooklyn Historical Society. Located in a spectacular landmark building opened in 1881, the center is dedicated to the study of Brooklyn’s intriguing 400-year history.
- Brooklyn Museum (2.0 mi.): Visit one of the oldest and largest art museums in the country just minutes from Aloft Brooklyn. Discover world-class collections ranging from contemporary art, to photography, to Arts of Africa.
- Fulton Street Mall (0.6 mi.): Fulton Street Mall is one of the most popular and successful shopping districts in New York City. Located in downtown Brooklyn, the mall covers 17 blocks and is easily accessible with more than 10 subway lines passing through the area.
- City Point (0.6 mi.): Find the largest food, shopping and entertainment destination in Downtown Brooklyn. City Point includes retail, residential, and office space located along Brooklyn’s busiest retail corridor at the corner of Flatbush and Fulton.
- Atlantic Terminal (0.8 mi.): Considered to be the "Brooklyn Mall of Many Names," this mall has five floors including stores such as Target, Bath and Body Works, among others.
- Atlantic Terminal
- BAM Harvey Lichtenstein Theater
- Barclays Center
- Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Brooklyn Museum
- City Point
- Fort Greene Park
- Fulton Street Mall
- Kings Theatre
- MetroTech Center
- New York Transit Museum