Things to do in Brooklyn
Aloft New York Brooklyn offers an ideal location just steps from all the exciting local Brooklyn attractions. Enjoy all the amazing things to do in Brooklyn. Discover nearby Brooklyn Heights, take in a breathtaking performance at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, share in a romantic stroll through the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, or dine with friends at one of the popular restaurants along Smith Street. Reconnect with family with a fun day at the Brooklyn Zoo, or join friends at the new Barclays Center for a concert by your favorite band. Explore some of our favorite things to do in Brooklyn below and begin planning your trip today.
- BAM Harvey Theater
- Barclays Center
- Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Brooklyn Boulders
- Brooklyn Bowl
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade
- Brooklyn Historical Society
- Brooklyn Museum
- City Point
- Fort Greene Park
- Fulton Street Mall
- Governors Island
- New York Transit Museum
- Prospect Park
- Smith Street Restaurants
How To Get Here
Whether you are in town for business or pleasure, stay in style at Aloft Brooklyn and take advantage of easy breezy access to the below destinations.
Culture & Entertainment:
- BAM Harvey Lichtenstein Theater - Gather with friends and family at the BAM Harvey Theater for a memorable theater, dance or music performance. First opened in 1904 at the Majestic Theater, this restored theater provides a spectacular setting for a night out in Brooklyn. (0.4 miles)
- Barclays Center - Catch an exciting NBA game or a performance by your favorite artist at Brooklyn’s hottest new sports and entertainment venue. The Barclays Center is also the new home of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus, as well as, the Atlantic 10 Conference basketball tournament. Stay at our hotel near Barclays Center. (0.7 miles)
- Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) - For more than 150 years, the Brooklyn Academy of Music has featured world-renowned programming in theater, dance, music, opera, and film. Join in the fun and catch a breathtaking performance – all just minutes from Aloft New York Brooklyn. (1 mile)
- Kings Theatre - Catch a show or a concert at this famous and historic theatre, located a short distance from the hotel.
- City Point - Find the largest food, shopping and entertainment destination in Downtown Brooklyn. City Point includes retail, residential, and office space located along Brooklyn’s busiest retail corridor at the corner of Flatbush and Fulton.
- New York Transit Museum - Located in the decommissioned Court Street subway station, discover a museum that is uniquely New York. Explore interesting exhibitions featuring historical artifacts from the New York City subway, bus, commuter rail, and bridge and tunnel systems. (0.4 miles)
- Brooklyn Historical Society - History buffs seeking things to do in Brooklyn will love the Brooklyn Historical Society. Located in a spectacular landmark building opened in 1881, the center is dedicated to the study of Brooklyn’s intriguing 400-year history. (1 mile)
- Brooklyn Museum - Visit one of the oldest and largest art museums in the country just minutes from Aloft Brooklyn. Discover world-class collections ranging from contemporary art, to photography, to Arts of Africa. There’s something for every art lover at the Brooklyn Museum. (1 mile)
- Fort Greene Park - Originally the site of forts built for the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812, discover a park rich in history. Take advantage of the park’s playgrounds, tennis courts or basketball court, or simply enjoy a walk through the beautiful grounds. (0.3 miles)
- Brooklyn Heights Promenade - Enjoy sweeping views of the Statue of Liberty, the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge. Lined with flower beds, trees, benches and playgrounds, the promenade is a favorite destination for tourists and locals alike. (1.1 miles)
- Brooklyn Bridge Park - The Brooklyn Bridge Park waterfront park stretches 1.3 miles along Brooklyn’s East River and features breathtaking views. Play volleyball on the sand courts, ride Jane's Carousel, attend an exercise class, or grab a drink at the wine bar. (1.4 miles)
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - The 52-acre Brooklyn Botanical Garden includes a number of specialty "gardens within the Garden," plant collections, and the Steinhardt Conservatory, which houses the C.V. Starr Bonsai Museum, three climate-themed plant pavilions, a white cast-iron and glass aquatic plant house, as well as an art gallery. (2 miles)
- Prospect Park - The nation’s first urban Audubon Center, the Prospect Park Zoo, and the Celebrate Brooklyn! Performing Arts Festival are just a few of the cultural attractions in this 585-acre urban oasis. (4 miles)
- DUMBO - Enjoy easy access to this unique Brooklyn neighborhood from Aloft New York Brooklyn. Discover the landmark historic district, take in a classical music performance at Bargemusic, or savor irresistible treats at the Jacques Torres chocolate factory. (0.5 miles)
- Brooklyn Heights - Visit the nearby neighborhood of Brooklyn Heights for top-notch restaurants, shopping and nightlife. Enjoy majestic views from the romantic Brooklyn Heights Promenade and find fun for the whole family at the newly expanded Brooklyn Bridge Park. (0.5 miles)
5 Facts in 25 Seconds
Interested in finding out more about New York before your big trip? Check out our 5 Facts in 25 Seconds video to learn more about this vibrant city.